Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP)
General information: scholarships programs for graduate students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree abroad. (the 2013-2014 competition to be announced soon). The program is fully funded by the World Bank and the Japanese Government.
Administering body: The World Bank (www.worldbank.org).
Study fields and degrees:
Master’s degree in all applicable academic fields related to development. The following can be considered:
– public policy,
– sustainable development, including natural resources and environmental management,
– agriculture and rural development,
– urban and regional planning,
– health, population, and education
Country of study: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, France, Mexico, Netherlands, Thailand, United Kingdom, USA.
– nationals and permanent residents of World Bank member country eligible to borrow (Kazakhstan is eligible); residents of industrialized countries are not eligible
– holders a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
– at least 2 years of recent full time professional experience acquired after a university degree, in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country
– not older than 40.
Application deadline: March 31, 2014.
Application documents: (Application procedure)
Applicants are supposed to apply directly to a university approved by the program and receive a letter of unconditional admission to at least one development-related university master’s degree program and are encouraged to submit application to a second such program. With this letter, applicants should apply for the JJ/WBGSP Scholarship.
The Program does not support applicants for MBA, M.Phil. or Ph.D. degrees.
The Program does not support legal studies such as J.D., L.L.M. or S.J.D. except for L.L.M.’s related to human rights, environment, or good governance.
If you have any questions about this program, please forward them directly to the World Bank – www.worldbank.org or to a university concerned.
AKEAC Educational Advising Center does not adminsiter this program.
This program announcement has been posted on www.akeac.org solely for information purposes.